Q. Barco - How do I present at Waterside using my laptop with BARCO presentation tool?
Crib sheet showing the steps to get you started with BARCO.
Barco is a wireless presentation device available in all teaching spaces.
- Staff use ‘Staff wifi’. Students use ‘Student wifi’.
- Open the Chrome browser and navigate to the following URL (staff and students): www.northampton.ac.uk/present
- Staff log in with your staff ID (the password will be the same as your Windows login).
- Students log in with their student ID. Students see the available lectures and will click on the relevant session they wish to join.
Staff - If your session is timetabled and available to choose, click on that session to join it and become the moderator.
If your session is not available or is a bespoke session:
• click on ‘Create Lecture’
• Select the Location (by clicking adjacent to the Location prompt).
• Select Location Type, eg Classroom (enables you to present content to the main displays in the room).
• Click on the ‘Start Lecture’ button
Note: You may see a choice of sessions. You will need to select the Location.
- Staff member open your PowerPoint file or Word file or website etc (the screens to display to your students).
- Click the ‘SHARE’ button to display either your entire display or to choose just to share a single application window of your choice.
- When your session is complete click ‘Stop Sharing’.
- Click on your initials in the top right of the screen and ‘Stop Lecture’.
- Then remember to click on the ‘Logout’ option found in the same drop-down list.
Was this helpful? 0 0