Q. How do I view my Blackboard (NILE) grades and feedback?
Looking for guidance on Turnitin feedback and grades? - How do I view my Turnitin grades and feedback?
Feedback and provisional grades can be viewed on Blackboard (NILE). There are several assignment types, so if you are looking for Turnitin feedback specifically, please use the link above for guidance. There are also several methods to view your grades and feedback in NILE. Below is a guide to one of those ways.
NOTE: Any grades displayed in NILE are provisional and subject to confirmation and approval of the Board of Examiners and the outcome of any outstanding investigations into potential academic misconduct. Provisional assessment grades can be viewed in NILE following the guide below. Any overall module grades are subject to the application of weightings and once confirmed can be found on the University results webpage.
- Go to your NILE site and click on the Feedback and grades menu item
- Select Feedback and provisional grades from the main section of the screen
- On the My Grades page, you can filter items between All, Graded, Upcoming and Submitted, as highlighted below. Select Graded to display all your grades for the module so far.
- The grade is on the right of the screen.
- Any feedback can be viewed quickly by selecting the speech bubble icon.
- If your tutor has used a rubric and made it available to you, you can see it using the link on the left.
Each item accessible from the My Grades page is described in more detail below.
If a rubric was used you may click on View Rubric to see which levels of achievement you attained for each assessment criterion. There may also be some overall feedback notes at the bottom of the rubric screen
Clicking on the name of the assignment will take you to the submission history screen. If your work has been marked online, you may have comments and annotations on the paper. The image below describes each element of this page.
- The grade for the assignment is shown here (image reference no. 1)
- If a rubric has been used, you can also access it using this icon (image reference no. 2)
- You can download a copy of your submission using the down arrow icon (image reference no. 3)
- Overall feedback is shown in the comments section (image reference no. 4)
- You may have comment bubbles showing in your document. Click on them to view inline feedback (image reference no. 5)
- Highlighted areas may also contain comments. Click on them to view inline feedback (image reference no. 6)
- You may notice a box to "post a reply". Please note this feature is not currently available and your tutor will not see anything entered here (image reference no. 7)
If you see an icon of a person’s head with a question mark within it then your assignment was marked anonymously. This signifies that the person who marked your assignment did not know that it was you who had written it.