Q. How do I submit a non-Turnitin assignment?
Your tutor may have set up a submission point on NILE which does not use Turnitin. This answer shows you the difference and the steps for using it.
Looking for guidance on Turnitin submissions? - How do I submit a Turnitin submission?
Your tutor may have set up a submission point on NILE which does not use Turnitin. These can be helpful when you are required to upload multiple files or submit a video (see the linked document MediaSpace Student Guide at the end of this page). These submission points are also known as Blackboard Assignments. The answer below provides guidance on how to submit to them.
- Blackboard submission points should be located in the Submit your work area of your NILE module. If icons are present, they look slightly different to a Turnitin assignment.
- Click on the title to begin your submission
- The Upload Assignment page shows some basic assignment information and requires you to fill out the form:
- Click the Write Submission button to open a text box (image reference 1)
- You can use this box to enter or copy and paste text (image reference 2) but it is more often requested by tutors that you attach a file (see next step).
- Use the Browse My Computer button to upload files from your computer. You can select more than one file.
- The files you have chosen to attach are listed here.
- Click on the Submit button in the bottom right corner when you are confident you have included everything required for the submission.
- It may take a while to upload your attachments, depending on file size. On a successful submission, you will be shown the Submission History screen:
- A success message provides you with a confirmation number which you can copy and keep as proof of your submission (image reference 1). This number only appears once, so it is advisable to copy it now. Just select the text and use Ctrl-c to copy, then paste (Ctrl-v) into an application such as Word.
- Any submission text you have entered appears in the main panel (image reference 2)
- Click on an attachment title in order to preview it (image reference 3)
- Once you have copied your confirmation number, you may navigate away from the Submission History page. You can return to this page by clicking on the submission point in the Submit your work area of the module.