Q. How do I view annotated feedback in New Box View?
The New Box View replaces the previous Crocodoc tool on NILE, which allows instructors to add annotations on student work submitted to a Blackboard assignment. This does not affect Turnitin and not all assignments will have annotations.
Below is a brief tour of the New Box View from a student perspective:
Viewing annotated assignments on New Box View
- To view a 'Point' comment, select the blue speech bubble icon as shown in the image above (image reference number 1)
- Where you see text highlighted, there is likely to be an associated comment. To view a 'Highlight' comment, select the piece of text (image ref 2)
- As before, if a rubric is available it will be shown in the grade panel on the right hand side (image ref 3)
- As before, a marker may have made further comments in the grade panel on the right hand side (image ref 4)
- There is an option to post a reply, but this functionality is not available and cannot be used (image ref 5)
- If your work does not immediately appear and a download button is shown instead, refresh the browser page.
- If you continue to experience issues with the view, please use a Chrome or Firefox browser.
- Only one comment can be viewed at a time.