Q. How can I make an audio podcast or screen recording, and submit this to NILE?
Students can make screen and audio recordings within NILE using the software 'Kaltura CaptureSpace'.
These can easily be added to an assignment, using the 'Write a submission' option within a standard assignment. (these options are not available for Turnitin assignments)
To record a file using Kaltura CaptureSpace, you will need access the Mediaspace site video.northampton.ac.uk and use of a desktop PC or Mac with either a web-cam, or a microphone. (Laptops are available for loan in the library)
Please follow this video guide - How do I use MediaSpace to make a recording?
1. Login to video.northampton.ac.uk
2. Click 'Add New' > 'Record a lecture'
3. Download the Kaltura CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder software (Windows/Mac)
4. Click 'Add New' > 'Record a lecture' (again, to launch the software)
5. Select 'Voice' (see image below)
6. Your recording will count down from 5 seconds. When finished click 'Done'
7. Review your recording; Click 'Done' if you are happy with the recording or 'Cancel' to delete it
8. (After clicking 'Done') Rename the file and click 'Upload' to start uploading your file to 'MediaSpace', once completed you can close the Kaltura CaptureSpace software.
9. Go back to NILE > Click the submission title, then select 'Write a submission' (DO NOT CLICK 'Browse My Computer')
10. In the menu bar above the content area select 'Mashups' > Kaltura Media (see image below)
11. Click the 'Select option on the right of your recording. (it will then show as a player icon in the content window)
12 Click Submit.