Q. How do I allow guest access to my NILE site?
NILE sites and organisations can be made available to guests who do not have a NILE login.
Guest access - Quick Guide
1. Set Guest and Observer access (under SITE MANAGEMENT within CUSTOMISATION)
2. In the option allow guests - select Yes
3. You will need to allow guest access via the left menu links (to each content item), To allow guest access click the drop-down next to a left link and select ‘Permit Guests’ (you must allow access to announcements as this is the landing page of each site)
4. To copy the site address right click on the home icon and select ‘Copy Link Location’
5. Paste the URL into a *another browser window to test, the URL should end in the course ID as below. *(If you only have one browser on your PC you will need to log out of NILE to test)
Guest access guidance
Once tested you can send a direct URL link via email to those who need access.
It is not possible to allow guest access to assessments, feedback and grades or any tools within NILE, these are restricted to registered users only.